Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Livestrong Challenge


So I just joined "Team Spudmen" for the 2010 Livestrong race in San Jose, California on July 11th. I will be racing 65 miles on my road bike along side hundreds of other enthusiasts. I need your help to reach my individual goal of raising $250!! Besides having the satisfaction of being a part of the fight against cancer, you will be supporting me and my team. The best part about any donation is that it's tax deductible! So whether you give $1, $2, $10, or $20 it all adds up quick.

You can follow this link to my personal fundraising page: http://sanjose2010.livestrong.org/dhirschi

The LIVESTRONG Challenge Series is the signature fundraising event for LIVESTRONG. For the past thirteen years, the Series has raised over $60 million for the fight against cancer. The LIVESTRONG Challenge is LIVESTRONG’s signature fundraising event inspired by the hope, courage and determination that exist in all of us. We take to the streets on bikes and on our feet, uniting individuals to stand together to fight cancer.

In San Jose, on July 11, the LIVESTRONG Challenge takes place in downtown San Jose at the Center for Performing Arts. In the spirit of LIVESTRONG's mission to inspire and empower people affected by cancer, we invite children in active treatment to participate in the LIVESTRONG Challenge via pedicab. Their enthusiasm is contagious as they ride among the riders, reminding us all what we're truly fighting for.

No comments: