Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bienvenidos





After months of anticipation, I finally began my trek of South America! Its only been just over a day and I feel like I´ve been gone for weeks. My flight was late getting into Quito on Sunday night, but my ride was there waiting on the other side of customs. I was taken strait to my Host Family where I was greeted with open arms.

Susanna and Marcos are now my Ecuadorian parents! They are both retired and spend most of the time at home. Susanna cooks me three meals a day she is the sweetest lady. They have five grandchildren that spend most afternoon at the house. Last night we played soccor in the park until it was too dark to see. They absolutely loved the key chains Ben sent with me. You can see them clipped to their clothes in the pictures.

Quito reminds me a lot of San Jose in Costa Rica except for much much bigger! The mountainsides are covered in high rise apartment buildings and there is always a slight smell of exhaust in the air from all the cars. But it is very beautiful! The weather is perfect as well. During the day it will get into the low 70´s and at night it will cool off enough to require a jacket.

Last night I went salsa dancing with several students from my school. I had such a good time and can´t wait to go again. Tonight we are playing soccor with everyone from our school, including the teachers.

In two days I´ve already done so much and can´t wait to experience the adventures ahead!

2 comments:

N said...

i just got your messages and its ok the whole quitting thing but all is well its just gonna take time. omg you look so good in your pics and it makes me so happy. keep in touch. much love

Cortney said...

DEV!!
Wow it looks like things are going well! I am so happy that you are there and loving it!! Keep in touch!! LOVES!