Friday, September 26, 2008

Making friends with Blue Footed Boobies






Well most of the sickness has subsided for now. Kristen and Natalie are back on their feet and I am about there as well. Tomorrow morning I booked a last minute trip to the Galapagos Islands. I am pretty excited to get out and see all the strange creatures Darwin studied all those years ago. I will be there for 4 days and 3 nights. A quick trip but for the price I couldn´t refuse.
Yesterday we trekked to the top of a nearby hill here in Quito where a statue called the Virgin of Quito resides. There were amazing views of several volcanoes around Quito, including the famous Cotopaxi. It almost made me feel like I was at home seeing all the snow capped mountains, but then the mass city beneath me reminded me I was far from it.

Have a great weekend everyone.

devin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dont know how truly jealous i am that you get to see blue footed boobies! They were my favorite animal when i was a kid. I expect pictures! Much love!!

DalPal said...

Devin! I didn't know you had a blog until you commented on mine! I miss you man-
I really like these pictures of you in the 2nd and 3rd picture down. You look good. (sharp and happy.) (except for maybe a little scruff...but I often look the same.) :)