Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just call me Charles Darwin...












So I am happy to report the Galapagos are one of the most bazaar and unique places in the world. The four days and three nights I was able to spend in this extraordinary place will forever be one of the most amazing trips of my life. Not only are most of the plants and animals unique to this part of the world but also the weather. Each island can have up to five or six different climate zones. Its simply amazing! Rain and sun, hot and cold, humid and dry, you name it they have it.

For the most part we sailed around on our yatch visiting up to three different islands each day. Each of these having their own significant species. The water was on the cooler side but it didn't stop us from enjoying some of the best snorkeling I have ever experienced. Seriously, where else in the world can you swim with Penguins? The sea lions were by far the highlight for me. They were so unafraid and curious of us. Most of the time they just wanted to play, so I dove down deep and spun around with them for a while.

I was the solo American in our group, along with four Germans, and three hilarious girls from Ireland. Together we had a blast sailing the seas and seeing the flora and fauna of the Galapagos. Now it is back to reality... well not really since I'm still on vacation, but I do have a language to learn and a move to prepare for.

Sunday I will be heading to the coast for the remainder of my stay here in Ecuador. After getting a taste of the sun this past weekend I cant wait to get back to the ocean and work on my tan.

Hope all is well

devin

3 comments:

N said...

so freakin jealous I can't even handle it. Pictures looked stellar. Ok I'll admit it your trip is so much better than my weekend dang world traveler.

MC Lewis said...

Wow,look at you go! It looks like you are having so much fun. Enjoy it!

Cortney said...

Wow Dev!! What amazing pictures! I am so jealous, I have always wanted to go there! The sea lions sound awesome!! So glad to see you are doing good!!!