Saturday, November 15, 2008

A little slice of Paradise










Iguazu was nothing more than the gates of heaven! Every two steps, I wanted to snap another picture because they were so beautiful! I was able to take a high powered boat ride up the river and actually get up close and personal with the falls. A little too personal at times. I thought we were going to be sucked under the falls there for a bit, but like the rest of my stories I made it out alive :-)
The hikes up around the falls had breathtaking views and one could sit and take it in all day long. It was a relaxing, yet very hot day. Many of the overlooks were so close to the falls that there was always a slight mist in the air, so that made everything feel much better. After spending the entire day enjoying the splendor of this amazing creation, I was ready for a nap!
Iguazu was well worth the 18 hour bus ride from Buenos Aires!

1 comment:

Kristie Buehner said...

Wow! That looks so cool. I am so glad you were able to fit this part of your trip in. Glad you're having so much fun and being safe!