Monday, October 20, 2008

Cuenca






Rita and her husband Jamie were there to greet me as my bus pulled into the station. Even though it was late, they insisted on taking me on a grand tour of the city, which actually helped a great deal when walking around today. We live in a beautiful home right on one of the four rivers here in Cuenca. Along with Rita and her husband, ¨Mama¨ Eulee (who is Rita´s grandmother) also lives with us. She is a ripe old 103!! I would have never guessed. I will have to ask her what the secret to life is...


The school here is beyond words to describe. It is an antique building with much of the original wood and brick. There are huge skylights that fill the whole building with natural light from above. It has a natural calming effect that really helps me absorb the things I am learning. My teacher, Carmen, is very helpful and I am learning so much!


I ended up having to buy a new camera... but the good news is that I am not without! The first few pictures on this post are from the Boardwalk and Las PeƱas in Guayaquil. The rest are around the streets of Cuenca, with one of my house here. Enjoy...

5 comments:

N said...

Holy Crap! These pictures kinda make me angry about the cool stuff you get to see and my lack of viewing pleasures in this stale piece of the world I live... Mountains ain't got nothin on that shiz.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so amazing! I'm sorry you had to buy a new camera, but I'm pleased by what it produces. :)

Anonymous said...

Everything there looks so beauitful! Your hair looks pretty dang good too bud! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Everything there looks so amazing. Im so jealous. Its starting to get cold here :-( not a fan.

Your hair looks great btw. Not like you wouldnt be able to pull just about anything off...

Cortney said...

Every place you go looks more better than the last!! Awesome pictures! I am missing your cute face!! ;)