Thursday, October 16, 2008

Random thoughts...




- Unleaded gas here in Ecuador is only $1.48 per gallon and Diesel is only $1.03!


- Coffee is one of Ecuador's biggest exports, yet the entire country drinks nothing but instant Nescafe.


- The U.S. dollar is the country´s official currency... which is nice considering I never have to calculate any conversions.


- It is mandatory for each resident to vote. When they do, they receive a card which allows them to apply for important things such as loans and visas. Maybe the U.S. should consider such a policy and we´d have a better turn out at the polls.

- While I was in Quito, every night I would have the most vivid and intense dreams I´ve ever had in my life. It was almost like I was exhausted in the morning. So strange! But talking to other travelers they have been experiencing the same phenomenon. Weird huh? We can´t decide what exactly it is, but my best guess has to be the altitude, 9400 feet.

That's all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good point about voting... I am going to write senator Hatch about that one. Speaking of voting, did you get your absentee ballot?

Anonymous said...

Yes! I totally think everyone should be required to vote. It should be like doing their taxes.