Thursday, October 23, 2008

Terminado con Ecuador



Well my last week in Ecuador has been outstanding! This city is picture perfect with it´s cobblestone streets, historic buildings, museums, galleries, and quaint cafes. Yesterday after school, I stopped off at this beautiful cafe right on the river. From my table, I had the perfect view of the afternoon thunderstorm rolling in across the mountains. The clouds here are absolutely unreal. I could sit and watch the sky for hours, its simply mesmerizing.

My family has been more than perfect. Every afternoon we have a grand ¨almuerzo¨ with Rita, Jaime, Mama Eulee, two of Rita´s sons (Jaime Jr. & Javier) , and Javier´s one year old daughter. The conversation makes for great practice with my Spanish. The food is outstanding and at the same time very different. For example, yesterday for dessert we had melted cheese (which in Ecuador their cheese is very salty, I´m not a huge fan) drenched in syrup made from Sugarcane. Hmm....

Tomorrow, I am going with my teacher Carmen to eat Cuy! This typical dish is an Ecuadorian specialty. Cuy is more or less a fried Guinea Pig... I will let you know how it goes.

I also posted one of my favorite pictures from Cuenca. I took it from the rooftop of my school looking across the city. The video is obviously from the Galapagos. It was taken after snorkeling. We got of the water to find several Sealions had taken over our little beach spot!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha thats awesome!!

Cortney said...

Ah!! I love it!! How cute are those Sea Lions!!!! That is so great!